Children's Circulating Collection
The Library features a comprehensive collection of 2,000 children's books about the natural world, covering topics from plants and animals to natural history and more! Books in the Teacher Resource Collection are also available to check out.
How to Apply for a Library Card
Please apply in person at the Helen Crocker Russell Library of Horticulture. Circulation privileges are available to members of the San Francisco Botanical Garden Society (SFBGS), and to Pre-K to grade 12 teachers at San Francisco schools. Find out more about becoming a SFBGS member.
In order to initially obtain borrowing privileges:
- SFBGS members must show proof of current membership, a photo ID, and complete a library card application.
- SF teachers must show proof of current employment as a Pre-K to 12 teacher at a San Francisco school (e.g. placement letter, teacher ID, or paystub), a photo ID, and complete a library card application.
- Library cards allow patrons to check out materials from the Children's Collection and Teacher Resource Collection only; no other Library materials circulate.
- Checkout time: 3 weeks; books may be renewed for one additional week.
- Ten items maximum may be checked out at one time.
- Returns: All books must be returned during Library hours, 10am-4pm six days per week (closed Tuesdays). The Library does not have an after-hours book drop.
- Overdue items: Overdue notices will be sent when an item is overdue.
- Fines: The Library does not charge fines.
- Lost or damaged items: Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their card. If an item is lost or damaged, the Library reserves the right to charge for the cost of repair or replacement, and a replacement fee.
- If you have any questions about the above policies please contact a Helen Crocker Russell librarian: (415) 661-1316 ext.403 or email@example.com