This Bay Area annual favorite draws an enthusiastic crowd of plant-lovers seeking out the uncommon and the unusual for their own gardens. With over 2,500 different kinds of plants, you can find the perfect fit for your Bay Area garden – many plants not found at other regional plant sales or commercial nurseries.
This sale has it all – succulents, ferns, orchids, natives, alpines, rhododendrons, perennials, houseplants, shrubs and trees! Plus, a special silent auction to include rare and exotic plants. Proceeds from the sale support the work of volunteers, nursery, curatorial and education staff.
Your Annual Plant Sale Toolkit
Why You Should Go
- Members get the best selection: join SFBGS and attend our Members-Only Sale: Friday, May 1, 5pm–8pm.
- All plants are suitable for Bay Area microclimates and many are propagated from our own collection.
- Many plants are unusual and not readily available at commercial nurseries.
- Knowledgeable advice from volunteers ready to answer your questions.
- Great selection of new books, used book treasures, and garden gifts.
- Go native! 300-400 varieties of native plants will be on hand: most are easy to care for, many are drought tolerant, and all bring a natural, authentic beauty to California gardens.
- Bid for valuable and treasured plants at Friday night's Silent Auction.
- Meet fellow gardening enthusiasts.
- Become inspired by the great diversity of plants available for Bay Area gardens!
- Buy a plant and support the Garden!
Members Preview Sale
Friday, May 1, 2015, 5–8pm
Valet parking available, 3:30–8:30pm
SF County Fair Building
(415) 661-1316, ext. 301
Friday, May 1, 2015, 4–5pm
Warm up for the plant sale with wine, small bites, and good times. Reception is for Garden Lover Members ($125) and above.
RSVP to attend >>
Recreation Room, County Fair Building