Iris douglasiana by Joanne Taylor
47th Annual Spring Plant Sale
This Bay Area annual favorite draws an enthusiastic crowd of plant-lovers seeking out the uncommon and the unusual for their own gardens. With over 2,500 different kinds of plants, you can find the perfect fit for your Bay Area garden – many plants not found at other regional plant sales or commercial nurseries.
This sale has it all – succulents, ferns, orchids, natives, alpines, rhododendrons, perennials, houseplants, shrubs and trees! Plus, a special silent auction to include rare and exotic plants. Proceeds from the sale support the work of volunteers, nursery, curatorial and education staff.
Top 10 Reasons
- Members get the best selection: join SFBGS and attend our Members-Only Sale: Friday, May 3, 5pm–8pm.
- All plants are suitable for Bay Area microclimates and many are propagated from our own collection.
- Many plants are unusual and not readily available at commercial nurseries.
- Knowledgeable advice from volunteers ready to answer your questions.
- Great selection of new books, used book treasures, and garden gifts.
- Go native! 300-400 varieties of native plants will be on hand: most are easy to care for, many are drought tolerant, and all bring a natural, authentic beauty to California gardens.
- Bid for valuable and treasured plants at Friday night's Silent Auction.
- Meet fellow gardening enthusiasts.
- Become inspired by the great diversity of plants available for Bay Area gardens!
- Buy a plant and support the Garden!
Photo by Kathryn Rummell