The San Francisco Botanical Garden Society is currently seeking an
Associate Director of Development
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for all annual fundraising programs for the San Francisco Botanical Garden Society. She/He develops and implements a comprehensive development effort that raises funds from individuals, foundations and corporations to support annual unrestricted
needs as well as specific Society programs. The Associate Director reports
to the Director of Development and together they coordinate annual and
capital campaign fundraising.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of the Society's annual fundraising program - membership
acquisition and retention, annual and special appeals, foundation and
corporate giving, planned giving, events, donor stewardship and recognition.
- Plan and implement major donor program.
- Manage and expand planned giving program.
- Oversee foundation and corporate giving program.
- Provide direction to and supervision of membership mailings, events,
stewardship, and print materials.
- Supervise all development related, non-campaign events.
- Staff Board Development and Planned Giving committees and event committees.
- Manage renewal process for memorial bench program.
- Oversee donor stewardship, including public acknowledgement in print,
online and Society signage.
- Hire and manage three full-time staff and contracted consultants.
- Prepare and manage non-campaign annual development budget.
- A minimum of five years of development experience.
- Demonstrated success in the solicitation of annual and restricted
gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Planned giving experience.
- Experience in planning and implementing special events.
- Experience in managing high-level volunteers.
- Effective management of staff and collaboration with department and
- Successful team-based management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Donor database management experience, preferably with Raiser's Edge.
- Strong commitment to the mission of the San Francisco Botanical Garden
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in experience.
Submit a cover letter, and resume to:
Associate Director of Development Search
San Francisco Botanical Garden Society
9th Avenue at Lincoln Way, Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94122
Or by sending plain text email or MS Word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address any questions via email to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.